Our OH&S and Duty of Care obligations to our staff & customers have forced us to create the following guidelines for 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st parties.
These events normally start at 6:30/7:00pm and finish at midnight/1:00am.
1. Minimum guard times: 5 x hours
2a. Property enclosed on 3 x sides…
Guards: Minimum 2 x guards first 100 guests then…1 x guard per 50 thereafter
2b. Property not enclosed on 3 x sides…
Guards: Minimum 3 x guards first 100 + 1 x guard per 50 thereafter
3. Invitations: should be numbered & sent via Australia Post
4. Invitation List: 2 x alphabetical invitation lists are to be provided to security
5. Police must be notified of the event and registered at www.MyNite.com.au
(This is a NSW Police Force initiative designed to reduce violence at these events)
7. Guards must commence 15 x minutes prior to advertised start time
8. We suggest 2 x parents per 10 x invitations
9. Allow dispersal time for Parent pick-ups & Taxi arrivals
Please note: Event coordinators must insist that all invitee’s do not advertise or highlight the event via… ‘Facebook’ or… ‘Emails’ or… ‘SMS’ (Txting) or… Twitter!
Parents: If you tell an 18, 19, or 20 year old, not to do something – please be aware that they will often do the opposite. Explain the use of discretion when your sons or daughters are discussing party invitations and/or advertising the event. This could be the best advice they ever receive.
We do apologise for the additional expense that parents are burdened with, and for the additional work these guidelines may create. Our experience with these events has forced us to consider the safety of all concerned.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.